The Role of Asset Management in ESG Investing
On Thursday September 17, 2020, the Program on International Financial Systems (PIFS) hosted a virtual roundtable entitled “The Role of Asset Management in ESG Investing.” At the event senior participants including academic, government officials and private-sector experts, discussed issues regarding corporate disclosures and accounting standards, the construction and use of taxonomies, and how ESG factors into the stewardship role of asset managers.
- Martin Merlin, Director, DG FISMA, European Commission
- Arne Staal, Global Head of Product Management and Research, FTSE Russell
- Yafit Cohn, Chief Sustainability Officer, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Janine Guillot, Chief Executive Officer, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
- Kirsty Jenkinson, Head of Sustainable Investment and Stewardship Strategies, CalSTRS
- Barbara Novick, Vice Chair, BlackRock
- Hester Peirce, Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Robert Sitkoff, Professor, Harvard Law School
Roundtable Session Topics
- Disclosures, Taxonomy and Accounting Standards: Public Companies and Investment Funds
- Inclusion of ESG in Stewardship Priorities