The Rise of Private Equity: Implications for Public Markets and Investor Access
On Thursday August 20, 2020 PIFS hosted a special roundtable event entitled “The Rise of Private Equity: Implications for Public Markets and Investor Access .” At the event senior participants drawn from academia, the public sector and the private sector discussed critical issues associated with the rise of private equity.
- Jay Clayton, Chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Jeanne Klinefelter Wilson, Acting Assistant Secretary, Employee Benefits Security Administration, U.S. Department of Labor
Roundtable Session Topics
- The Rise of Private Equity: Implication for Companies & Investors
- Expanding 401(k) and Retail Access to Private Equity
- Brad Berenson, General Counsel, TPG Global, Inc.
- Michael Doherty, Partner, Ropes & Gray
- Victoria Ivashina, Professor, Harvard Business School
- Paul Cellupica, Deputy Director, Division of Investment Management, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Rajib Chanda, Partner, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- John Finley, Senior Managing Director and Chief Legal Officer, Blackstone Group