2008 Japan – US Symposium
October 24 – 26, 2008 • Hakone, Japan
- The U.S. Credit Crisis and Japan’s Banking Crisis: What’s the Same, What’s Different, and How Can Japan’s Experience Help in Resolving the U.S. Crisis?
- Perspectives and Lessons Learned from Global Financial Centers: Re-evaluating Capital Markets Policy, Legislation, and Regulation
- Sovereign Wealth Funds: Should We Have Them and How Should We Live With Them?
- Robert Dohner, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Asia, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Sir Deryck Maughan, Managing Director and Chairman of Asia, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Asia
- Takehiko Nakao, Senior Deputy Director, General of International Bureau, Ministry of Finance (on behalf of Naoyuki Shinohara Vice Finance Minister for International Affairs, Ministry of Finance)
- Atsushi Saito, Chief Executive Officer, Tokyo Stock Exchange Group, Inc.
- Takafumi Sato, Commissioner, Financial Services Agency, Japan