On Thursday, September 17, 2020 the Program on International Financial Systems (PIFS) hosted The Role of Asset Management in ESG Investing, a virtual roundtable. Keynote Speakers were Martin Merlin, Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, of the European Commission, and Arne Staal, Global Head of Product Management and Research of FTSE Russell.
The first discussion, Disclosures, Taxonomy and Accounting Standards: Public Companies and Investment Funds, was lead by:
- Yafit Cohn, Chief Sustainability Officer, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Janine Guillot, Chief Executive Officer, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
- Hester Peirce, Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Rick Lacaille, Chief Investment Officer, State Street Global Advisors
The second discussion, Inclusion of ESG in Stewardship Priorities, was lead by:
- Barbara Novick, Vice Chair, BlackRock
- Kirsty Jenkinson, Head of Sustainable Investment and Stewardship Strategies, CalSTRS
- Robert Sitkoff, Professor, Harvard Law School
A link to the video replay of the event is available here.